Welcome to my little pregnancy journal. It's all about Ka Man's and Karin's little baby... from the start!

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

I've got rashes/ allergy for the 1st time!

Errgghhh... I've got rashes for the 1st time! I went to dinner with my company at Si Chuan Dou Hua, UOB Centre tonight. I start feeling itch at the neck area after the cold appetizers. Then my arms start to show rashes too. My back, thigh still to itch and i can see rashes. When the dinner ends at 10.30pm, my colleagues say that rashes can be seen on my face! OMG! I hate the hormones changes... I think little tsui dun like the food there....

I search on internet when i reach home:

Pregnancy is a time of intense change within the female body. Hormones have a profound influence on the immune system and allergic diseases may be affected by these changes. The hormones of pregnancy have steroidal type effects and which can dampen down allergies. But while in the pregnant state, the female immune system is dampened to prevent rejection of the foetus (which is immunologically a "foreign organism"). This state of increased immune tolerance has the spin-off of less direct vigilance against foreign substances. However, the allergy triggering potential of the immune system may also be heightened during pregnancy with the shift to an allergy type immune response

Liitle Tsui is so hard to please...

No comments: