Welcome to my little pregnancy journal. It's all about Ka Man's and Karin's little baby... from the start!

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Sunday, January 6, 2008

Getting ready

6 Jan 2008

Need to start get ready for the arrival of Little Tsui. A bit Kiasu la... But we all Singaporean mah...

We've brought a white chest drawer at $280 from neighbourhood furniture shop, white baby cot at $319 from John Little and baby laundry detergent last week. And brought maternity pads and disposable panties to pack for my delivery bag (in case for early labour).

The "emergency pack" for hospital admission should pack:
1. A pack of 5 disposable panties
2. A pack of sanitary pads
3. (2 set) pyjamas with front opening
4. (2 set) maternity bras and breast pads
5. (2 sets) baby mittens & booties
6. (2 sets) baby clothings
7. Baby wrap for discharge
8. (1 set) mummy's casual wear for discharge
9. Shampoo and shower gel for Daddy
10. Facial wash, Toothbrush and toothpaste for both
11. Jacket for Daddy
12. Pre-admission form (if any)
13. Magazines (maybe)

This weekend will purchase the water boiler (should cost about $129) and start to wash BB bed sheets and some clothes. We decided not to paint the baby room, so Ka Man can relax.

I've discuss and submit my maternity leave form to my manager for approval. If everything goes smoothly, i should work till 5 Feb 2008. Then office closed for CNY eve on 6 Feb and PH on 7 and 8 Feb. My EDD is 12 Feb. I dunno whether i can "hold on" till week 39 a not. Maybe still can enjoy CNY. See BB good boy a not lo... But still planning for early reunion dinner this month (just in case).

I can tell myself having a bit of water retention. I look a bit bloated. Or it's just my eyes playing games?! Have a tough time going to sleep... wake up with back aches due to the BB weight. And BB keep having hippcup at night. Then i dream of myself giving birth... So funny... But i didn't see how the BB look like in the dream.

So many things to take note... But still pretty excited...

No comments: