Welcome to my little pregnancy journal. It's all about Ka Man's and Karin's little baby... from the start!

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Saturday, November 17, 2007

Another visit to gynae

17 November 2007

Our gynae visit again! This time going for an oral glucose tolerance test (OGTT) to check for Gestational Diabetes Mellitus (GDM). So i've to go without food last night, It's a torture for a "still-sick" pregnant woman. I'm starving for food and coughing "like mad"....

This morning, we got to the clinic and have my blood draw to keep as the baseline and also urine sample taken. Then she let me drink a super sweet carbonated drink (luckily is orange flavored). I've sit and wait for another 2 hours before the next blood and urine sample can be taken. These samples will be tested to know how my body react to sugar intake. So finally at 11 plus, we went over to Dr. Chris Chong's clinic to have my routine checkup.

Ultra-scan to see my little bb... he is doing great! He have his spine facing up. So can't see his face. But we got to hear his heartbeat again. Quick and strong! He is weighing 1.47kg now. Getting heavier once time. A very good sigh. The EDD might be earlier, at this growth rate. Although, i'm not in 28weeks yet, but bb is more than 29weeks in size.

So the same thing, infection is around. Sighz... A cleanup and medicated gel is given. Also a few different medicines for my flu and coughs. The bill came up to be over $200 again.

Then we left the clinic for LUNCH! I'm so hungry that i ask for a peach tart at Delifrance. I can't wait to eat!!!! We went to Far East Plaza for chicken rice then to Orchard library to borrow some pregnancy related books. After that, just go home to eat medicine and sleep. This is my Saturday... sighz...

No comments: